1. Provide short-term individual counseling to any Endicott student seeking services.
2. Perform intake evaluations for new clients.
3. Conduct mandated assessments as needed when referred through conduct process.
4. Assist with development and facilitation of support groups as needed.
5. Assist with substance abuse and other health education initiatives for the Counseling Center. Facilitate at least two wellness/educational programs per semester.
6. Some weekend and evening work required to help at college-wide events.
7. Serve as the Counselor-On-Call 4 weeks per semester to respond to psychological emergencies. Also serve as Counselor-on-Call 1 additional week in January.
8. Help students get connected with other support services on campus. Perform collateral contacts to other campus staff/faculty, parents, and other providers as allowed by law to increase a student’s support network.
9. Assist with referrals to off-campus psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, counselors, nutritionists and other health/mental health specialists.
10. Participate in 1 hour of supervision per week with the Director of the Counseling Center to review clinical caseload and any difficult clinical/ethical situations.
11. Maintain client records in a locked file cabinet. Store records for seven years from the last date of service and then transfer to the Director to be disposed of appropriately to maintain client confidentiality.
12. Attend at least one continuing education training annually to continue to develop one’s professional knowledge base.
13. Other responsibilities may be assigned as the Counseling Center grows to meet the needs of the evolving Endicott community.
14. Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field or a related PhD
• Licensed in the state of Massachusetts as an LICSW, LMHC or Licensed PhD
• Possess at least three years of related post-graduate school work experience. Prior experience as part of a crisis on-call rotation
• Prior experience counseling college students
• Past experience working directly in a college counseling center preferred
To apply for a position, please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.