Making a Referral
If you are concerned about an Endicott student and would like to refer them to the Counseling Center, we recommend the following:
- Do not wait for students to seek you out
- Try to set up a time to talk 1:1
- Make sure that you have enough time to really listen
- Express your concern for the student citing observed risk factors
- Ask about suicidal thoughts directly
- Never agree to keep suicidal thoughts in confidence
- If you have questions, need guidance, or are unsure about next steps, please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors.
Connecting Students to a Counselor
- If you have non-emergency questions or to make a non-emergency referral, contact one of the counselors. You can either call Scott Russell at 978-232-2113, send an email to email@example.com or stop by our offices located in lower Callahan Center.
- If you are worried about a student but they deny suicidal thoughts or other safety concerns, encourage them to call the Counseling Center to set up on-campus counseling or to receive a referral for off-campus services. If you are an Endicott employee you should discuss any at-risk students with your supervisor.
- If a student has current suicidal thoughts/ made a suicidal gesture or attempt, they need to be immediately evaluated for safety. Call Campus Safety at (978) 232-2222 or X1111 from a campus phone and they will contact the Counselor-on-Call. Please note that whenever the Counselor-on-Call is contacted, the Vice President of Student Affairs and College President are updated.