Physical Education - Teacher Licensure
Massachusetts Tests of Educator Licensure
The Massachusetts Department of Education mandates that all students pass the Massachusetts Tests of Educator Licensure (MTEL) as part of the licensing process. Upon graduation, Endicott Education students have completed all of the requirements necessary to receive an initial license in the state of Massachusetts, and are eligible to pursue licensure in many other states.
Click here to review the curriculum requirements.
Previous Internship Sites
Aztec Soccer Club (Beverly, MA)
Wood Green Sports College (West Midlands England)
Sandwell Academy (West Midlands England)
Woodbury Middle School (Woodbury, CT)
Chatham High School (Chatham, MA)
Bell Elementary School (Marblehead, MA)
Mahopac High School (Mahopac, NY)
Belmont Middle School (Belmont, MA)
Highland Elementary School (Cheshire, CT)
Athletic Evolution (Woburn, MA)
Upon completion of the Physical Education program, graduates will be able to:
1. Demonstrate preservice competency on each of the Massachusetts Professional Standars for Teachers (PST).
2. Communicate effectively in written form within the convections of the Physical Education discipline.
3. Demonstrate competence in basic reading and writing skills as demonstrated by Communication and Literacy METL.
4. Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within the discipline of Physical Education.
5. Devise a lesson plan incorporating diverse populations.
For More Information Contact:
Dr. J.P. Barfield
Chair - Physical Education & Exercise Science