The major in Exercise Science addresses the short and long-term adaptations to exercise and prepares students for careers in a variety of fields including:
- Fitness or Recreation
- Hospital or Corporate Wellness
- Strength and Conditioning.
The major also prepares individuals for graduate or professional study in applied or clinical allied health fields. Upon completion of the program, students may pursue advanced degrees to become a(an):
- Applied Exercise Physiologist,
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist,
- Occupational Therapist,
- Physical Therapist, or
- Physician Assistant.
The major is designed to provide students with latitude directing their program of study in choosing their intended career path. Students interested in applied fitness settings have internship opportunities at local, national, and international fitness facilities. Students interested in clinical applications of sport science (e.g., cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation, physical therapy) are able to complete both pre-requisite coursework and experiential observations while at Endicott. Students have the opportunity to sit for national credential examinations offered by the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Examples of Exercise internships include:
- Achieve Performance
- Athletic Revolution
- Attain Therapy & Fitness
- Boston College Strength & Conditioning
- Harvard University Strength & Conditioning
- Muscular and Sports Therapy
- North shore Crossfit
- Whittier Rehab Hospital
- Spaulding Outpatient Centers
- Sport and Family Chiropractic
Upon completion of the Exercise Science program, graduates will be able to:
- Develop a basic understanding of the theories and concepts in the field of Exercise Science.
- Demonstrate the ability to create exercise programs for diverse populations.
- Communicate effectively in the written form with the conventions of the Exrcise Science discipline.
- Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse with the discipline of Exercise Science.
Exercise Science Major (Bachelor of Science) - CurriculumRequirements
Exercise Science Minor - Curriculum Requirements
For more information. please contact:
Dr. Deborah Swanton
Dean - School of Sport Science and Fitness Studies