International Hospitality Management Concentration
You consider yourself a citizen of the world, enjoyed different cultures and can see yourself traveling and even perhaps working abroad. If so, then the International Hospitality Management concentration could be an option for you!
This concentration will develop your global awareness through a selection of international business and intercultural courses. You will gain basic foreign language skills through completing one full year of language instruction and, in addition, you are required to complete a minimum of one semester of study abroad to immerse yourself in a different culture.
In our global economy, international awareness, respect for other cultures and an understanding of your guest's needs are important attributes when taking on a leadership role in hospitality. These attributes will form a solid foundation for your future career and will set you apart from your peers.
Examples of current graduate positions include:
- Sales Manager, Movenpick Hotels and Reorts, Dubai
- Assistant General Manager, Bird & Bees Resort, Thailand
- Event Manager, Pasifico Resort, Costa Rica
- Senior Conference and Even Sales Executive, Accor, Australia
Do you want to be part of our School of Hospitality Management? Please click here to email us with your questions!
Students of the Hospitality Management program will:
- communicate effectively in written form within the conventions of hospitality management.
- demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within the discipline of hospitality management.
- demonstrate Entrepreneurial/Financial skills including operational Hotel and Restaurant Ratio calculations, SWOT analysis, and management process and styles.
- develop an interest in the global dynamics of hospitality from the perspective of studying related subject in another culture.