Event Management Concentration
High paced, interactive and very rewarding! From organizing large events like the Summer Olympics to planning corporate conferences or coordinating an intimate destination wedding; our graduates are doing it all and so can you!
In the exciting and bustling world of events, opportunities are endless for qualified individuals. As an event professional, you will make the difference in cultural, sport, non-profits, political, social, entertainment and business activities. Event planners are in demand by organizations that requires management specialization to oversee every facet of the event in a proactive and competent manner.
In our Events Management Concentration we believe in a dual approach linking strong hands-on learning combined with solid managerial foundations taught in a variety of courses such as: Service Management, Events Risk Management and Management of Social Events to maximize your career opportunities.
Some of our graduate’s careers include:
- Production Manager, Rafanelli Events
- Meeting Coordinator, PRRI, Inc.
- Regional Sales Manager, Marriott International
- Event Production Manager at George P. Johnson
- Operations Manager, AlliedPRA Destination Management New England
- Event Specialist, London & Partners
- Event Planner, Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation
Do you want to be part of our School of Hospitality Management? Please click here to email us with your questions!
Students of the Hospitality Management program will:
- communicate effectively in written form within the conventions of hospitality management.
- demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within the discipline of hospitality management.
- demonstrate Entrepreneurial/Financial skills including operational Hotel and Restaurant Ratio calculations, SWOT analysis, and management process and styles.
- develop an interest in the global dynamics of hospitality from the perspective of studying related subject in another culture.