Endicott Education Faculty Member Elected to Board of Directors
Dr. Anthony Pastelis of the Rochester School Board has been elected to the Board of Directors of the New Hampshire School Boards Association. NHSBA is governed by a 21-member Board of Directors, which is elected annually at the Delegate Assembly. Policy statements and legislative resolutions, which guide the activities of the NHSBA Board and staff members for the ensuing year, are also voted on at the Delegate Assembly.
Since 1916, the New Hampshire School Boards Association has provided member school boards with training, support, advice, information, and other essential services to help school board members perform their very important jobs. The mission of the New Hampshire School Boards Association is to promote excellence in public education for all New Hampshire children.
We believe the New Hampshire School Boards Association should be a focal point for educational improvement and a leader in promoting excellence in public education in New Hampshire. Toward this end, NHSBA will:
- Be a major pro-active force in planning and implementing positive educational reform
- Represent the interests of local school boards in the development of state and federal education policy
- Provide information and assistance to school boards so that all board members may more effectively perform their duties
- Seek public support and commitment for equal educational opportunities for all New Hampshire children
- Encourage mutual support and closer cooperation among all school boards within the state.
For more information, please contact the School of Education office, 978-232-2323.