Academics > Career Center
This is an exciting program to help students connect in a meaningful one on one relationship with an alumnus in their field of interest. It is also a way for alumni to reconnect with the Endicott community and have a positive impact on a student's life.
The purpose of the Alumni Mentoring program is to provide an additional learning opportunity for the student outside of the classroom experience and to complement to the internship experience. The mentoring relationships are intended:
• To be professional in nature
• To further assist students make the transition from the academic environment to the world of work
• To offer an opportunity for professional development, networking, and an exchange of ideas between experienced professionals and the next generation of leaders.
Benefits of Participating for students
• First hand knowledge of your field from a seasoned professional
• Understanding of career paths and different possibilities.
• Create new contacts
• A professional connection/advocate in your field.
Roles of the Student
1. Discuss your needs and expectations with your mentor; think about what you want
out of the program and your mentoring relationship.
2. Get feedback on:
• Career advancement
3. Utilize networking opportunities/contacts
4. Discuss work/life balance issues
Expectations of Being Mentored
1. One year commitment to the mentor
2. Contact the mentor at least once a month
For more information about being mentored, please contact your Dean or:
Director of Alumni Career Services