About Endicott Laptop Program
Endicott College Visual Communication Laptop Requirement
Endicott College requires all incoming students to bring to campus a laptop that meets the specifications of their respective majors. The Visual Communications Department requires Graphic Design and Photography students purchase an Apple laptop computer; below are specifications:
15” Macbook Pro with Retina Display
• 2.4 (or better) GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
• 8GB (or more) RAM
• 512GB flash storage
• MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina Display
Hard Drives and Storage
• We recommend a portable USB Hard Drive of at least 500 GB or larger with a 7200 rpm spin rate (note check the model specs for this feature and triple interface (USB, Firewire 800/400). This interface is recommended as a failsafe against the failure of a single connection, however a single interface drive will work as well.
• LaCie Rugged Mini HD 500G, 7200RPM (or equivalent make/model)
• OWC Mercury On-the-go-pro (available http://www.macsales.com/).
Please note: In addition, a standalone desktop drive, for Apple Time Machine backup of your laptop, while not required can be beneficial and will serve to protect and preserve data. This can be any USB drive of at least 500gb.
• Non-glare screen option
• A printer is strongly recommended to print personal material for courses and assignments. We recommend an inexpensive inkjet printer (HP or similar).
• An additional Firewire 800 cable is recommended for working with laptop computers in the Mac Labs.
• Adobe Creative Suite CS6.0 Design and Web Premium and Microsoft Office for Mac
• Microsoft Office for Mac (For reduced pricing on software for students, faculty and staff, please visit Endicott's special e-Academy website at http://endicott.e-academy.com.)
Recommended Additional Warranty* (* included in purchase package)
• AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro
For further information: Please contact the School of Visual and Performing Arts; 978-232-2250.
College Laptop Purchase Package*
(*Note: This link takes you to an external website not maintained by Endicott College. This website is maintained by our vendor partner, Micros Northeast. Endicott College accepts no responsibility for the content, availability, viewpoints, products or services that are offered on external websites.)
The 2013 will be available for purchase through our vendor partner Microso Northeast in the Summer of 2013
This program provides students with an excellent value on hardware, accidental damage coverage and on-campus support. Students who participate in the program will receive the following benefits:
• Standardized hardware and anti-virus protection
• Extended warranty and accidental damage policy
• On-campus service
• Loaners on a first-come, first-served basis if the laptop needs to be left for service
• Laptop trade-in option